More 4.50.15 woes on FreeBSD - Update

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Feb 13 08:14:55 GMT 2006

On Monday, February 13, 2006 5:18 AM TCIS List Acct wrote:

> 4.47.4 fixes the problem, so the problem _must_ be something that has
> changed between 4.47.4 and 4.5.15.

Oh we all agree that something in the code triggers this. But the code
itself clearly works since other people do not have these problems (me
included). It must be something box specific. If you install perl
modules by hand on FreeBSD you might have conflicts of port based perl
modules and the ones you installed from CPAN.

I again strongly recommend that you use ports only on FreeBSD. The ports
are proberly tested and contain many sometimes important patches. Try
the current mailscanner port on a clean box or wait a few more days
until 4.50 is commited to the ports tree. If you do this, you will not
need install.sh which is not particularly FreeBSD aware.

Sorry if I cannot be of greater help but all I can say is: It works here
and in many other places.

Kind regards,
  JP