Archive Filter

Rodney Green rgreen at trayerproducts.com
Wed Feb 8 20:04:53 GMT 2006

> I assume you use the Archive feature of MailScanner.... Apart from
> dropping as much as possible (with the usual caveats about rbls in the
> MTA etc) at the MTA, letting MS do anything more before archiving the
> mail would defeat the purpose of the feature (saving as pristine a
> copy as possible).
> Instead of using that feature you might instead "archive" by doing a
> forward to an "archive recipient" in the Non Spam Actions, but then
> you'd get them after MS had altered them.... Kind of a case of either
> having the cake or eating it (if there is such a saying in
> English-speaking countries:-).

Thanks Glenn. I am using the MS archive feature. I'd like to be able to
continue archiving mail into individual user mbox files but I'd also
like to eliminate all of the spam that is being stored in those files
taking up unnecessary space on the drive. It would be nice if one could
use the same archiving feature for non spam mail.

believed to be clean.