Archive Filter

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:15:35 GMT 2006

On 08/02/06, Rodney Green <rgreen at trayerproducts.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a known way to filter mail that is to be archived? I'd rather
> not have spam archived, if at all possible. Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

I assume you use the Archive feature of MailScanner.... Apart from
dropping as much as possible (with the usual caveats about rbls in the
MTA etc) at the MTA, letting MS do anything more before archiving the
mail would defeat the purpose of the feature (saving as pristine a
copy as possible).
Instead of using that feature you might instead "archive" by doing a
forward to an "archive recipient" in the Non Spam Actions, but then
you'd get them after MS had altered them.... Kind of a case of either
having the cake or eating it (if there is such a saying in
English-speaking countries:-).

--
-- Glenn