MailScanner lint errors?

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Feb 6 14:05:31 GMT 2006

Julian,

I'm seeing the same with respect to the PID file. My conf file points to
/var/run/ and the file does exist.

I'm also seeing the dual restart problem, where I am required to start MS
twice if I stop it. I alway need to 'killall sendmail', but this doesn't
cause the need to start MS twice. There are no sendmail processes running
before I start MS. There are no log errors, it just doesn't start. I just
thought I would mention this off-thread part in case it might have something
to do with the PID problem.

MS 4.50-15
MailWatch 1.0.3
SA 3.10 (or whatever was the latest as of last week)
Tao Linux 1.0 Update 6

Thanks.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com