We need to do some cleanup in the wiki...

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:47:18 GMT 2006

On 2/6/06, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> One major thing that needs (re)-writing is a Solaris installation
> guide. The current one (which I wrote a long time ago) is totally out
> of date and useless. I might well just remove it completely. I have
> someone doing a Solaris install at the moment, and being a newbie to
> Solaris he is hitting every problem in the book. So hopefully his
> writeup will be useful to other Solaris users.

A Solaris newbie or a Unix newbie? Isn't the install documents for Solaris
and the tar distribution still current? I use them on current systems with
no problems.

I am however getting involved with Blastwave about adding MailScanner to
their excellent collection of super-easy (apt style) to install packages.
They already have everything else like all needed Perl modules, Sendmail,
SpamAssassin, Clam and DCC. They are always quick to release new versions as
well. If I could get MailScanner in there it would be very easy for a newbie
to install it (pkg-get -i mailscanner). As for most us though, time is not
an unlimited resource. :-(

--
/peter