We need to do some cleanup in the wiki...

Mark McCoy realmcking at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:48:09 GMT 2006

On 2/6/06, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
:snip:
> One major thing that needs (re)-writing is a Solaris installation
> guide. The current one (which I wrote a long time ago) is totally out
> of date and useless. I might well just remove it completely. I have
> someone doing a Solaris install at the moment, and being a newbie to
> Solaris he is hitting every problem in the book. So hopefully his
> writeup will be useful to other Solaris users.

I am also a mailscanner newb installing on Solaris 9 and I would be
glad to contribute my experiences.  I have just today downloaded 4.5
onto my workstation to test how the setup works before installing it
onto a test box.  MS was recommended by my boss (he used it before at
a previous job) as something to replace the existiing
"that's-just-what-they-used-when-I-got-here" mimedefang filter.

--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am
not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that
could provoke such a question. "  -- Charles Babbage