qf file left behind

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 4 16:28:10 GMT 2006

Robert A. Thompson wrote:
> I searched through the list archive and found a post about mailscanner
> leaving qf files in the mqueue.in folder, however didn't see any
> response to it.  Is anyone else noticing this?   It is very rare under
> normal circumstances for us, however after adding a set of mail
> gateways in front of our primary mail server we decided to not virus
> scan or spam scan anything coming from those two servers.  After
> adding a custom ruleset to "Spam Check =" we are able to replicate
> this at an extremely fast pace ( about 3 or 4 qf files a minute at
> least) and this is happening on all the servers in the setup.
>
> I'm willing to help troubleshoot and offer up any data needed to help
> with this but not sure what is needed or how to acquire it at the
> moment.  Anyone have any thoughts?
My best guess would be the Lock Type setting. If you are on Linux
running sendmail 8.12 or older, you need to set Lock Type = flock, as it
will use posix by default with sendmail. This is a change to previous
versions, most of my users run 8.13 on Linux so the default is set for
them so it is correct for most people. But yours may be wrong.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.