qf file left behind

Robert A. Thompson ucs_rat at shsu.edu
Sat Feb 4 16:47:17 GMT 2006

> My best guess would be the Lock Type setting. If you are on Linux running
> sendmail 8.12 or older, you need to set Lock Type = flock, as it will use
> posix by default with sendmail. This is a change to previous versions,
> most of my users run 8.13 on Linux so the default is set for them so it is
> correct for most people. But yours may be wrong.

appears to be a good guess (Thanks Julian).  I've started tweaking with
the locking and so far so good.  In our case, I set it to posix.  We are
running rhel4 with sendmail 8.13 and mailscanner 4.49 (fixing to go to
50).  We hadn't set any settings on lock type, but setting to posix and
restarting appears to be doing the trick.  (still early though)

--Robert