New speed benchmark

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 4 14:56:57 GMT 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
> BTW, Jules ... Could you, pretty please, look at my post about typos
> in actions? Or has that area been covered extensively before?

A patch for Message.pm is attached. Apply the patch with

cd /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner
gunzip Message.pm.patch.gz
patch < Message.pm.patch

then restart MailScanner.

It logs the error message to syslog and then adds the "deliver" action
to whatever you have set, just for safety so that no message is dropped
because of your typo.

Due to the the list of spam actions is now parsed, as it has arbitrary
strings (including possibly multiple spaces) for headers, and email
addresses in it, it is no longer just a list of possible words. So it
cannot be caught by --lint.

So it can only be detected when it is called at run-time, hence the
extra safety measure of adding the "deliver" action.

Let me know how you get on.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.