Exchange Chokes on MailScanner Headers?

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Tue Dec 12 01:18:59 GMT 2006

Try:
   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820379

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:22:20 -0800
  Jay Chandler <chandler at chapman.edu> wrote:
>Our Exchange guy (hidden safely behind the Mailscanner frontend that
>faces the outside world) has recently been complaining about the
>following recurring error in his logs:
>
>Failed to create a new named property for database "Chapman Exchange
>Storage Group\Chapman Mailbox Store (CLUSTER1)" because the number of
>named properties reached the quota limit (11575).
>User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>  Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>Named property name/id: "X-Chapman-MailScanner"
>
>EventID: 9667
>
>Anyone seen this and have a quick fix before I go tearing into the
>crapulence known as the MS Knowledge Base and figure out Exchange's
>oddities?
>
>--
>
>Jay Chandler
>Network Administrator, Chapman University
>714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
>Today's Excuse: SCSI Chain overterminated
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"