Exchange Chokes on MailScanner Headers?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 01:20:40 GMT 2006

On 12/12/06, Jay Chandler <chandler at chapman.edu> wrote:
> Our Exchange guy (hidden safely behind the Mailscanner frontend that
> faces the outside world) has recently been complaining about the
> following recurring error in his logs:
>
> Failed to create a new named property for database "Chapman Exchange
> Storage Group\Chapman Mailbox Store (CLUSTER1)" because the number of
> named properties reached the quota limit (11575).
>  User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>  Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>  Named property name/id: "X-Chapman-MailScanner"
>
> EventID: 9667
>
> Anyone seen this and have a quick fix before I go tearing into the
> crapulence known as the MS Knowledge Base and figure out Exchange's
> oddities?

Why should you be doing his/her job?
Almost as funny as when me PC-snivelers, uh... Windows admins...
started complaining that my trusty ol' NTP server was at fault when
the event log on a couple of new DCs/other crap started filling with
complaints about the "unreacheability"/unsyncability" of time....
After a 5 minutes googling I turned up that the bozos had used "net
time /setsntp:..." where they should be using "w32tm ....". Sigh.
They at least had the decency to blush when I told them (off!).

Same here, AFAICS. A quick google shows that you should be pointing
that M-Sexchange person in the direction of
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=820379 .... Be sure to
tell that person that this is indeed another fine Miss Feature by
M$:-).

HtH
Cheers
--