"Use DCC as a daemon"

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Dec 8 21:40:00 GMT 2006

Stef Morrell spake the following on 12/8/2006 8:41 AM:
> Hi,
>
> As I was idly flicking through the wiki I came across (here:
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#optimization_tips)
> the suggestion to use DCC as a daemon, with a link to some
> "instructions".
>
> Now for some reason dccifd keeps popping up as a process on my machine
> in any case. It's not causing me any pain, so I've largely ignored it
> beyond a 'kill' once in a while. However if I can actually use it, that
> would be better still.
>
> The link is broken, though, it seems - does anyone know if/where the
> documentation currently resides?

You control DCC through its conf file. If you enable dccifd and disable
dccproc in the conf file, spamassassin and mailscanner will just use it. The
difference is very noticeable, as you don't have to start dcc for every message.
The docs are at
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:plugins:dcc:dccifd_install

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...