"Use DCC as a daemon"

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 21:26:19 GMT 2006

On 08/12/06, Stef Morrell <stef at aoc-uk.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I was idly flicking through the wiki I came across (here:
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#optimization_tips)
> the suggestion to use DCC as a daemon, with a link to some
> "instructions".
>
> Now for some reason dccifd keeps popping up as a process on my machine
> in any case. It's not causing me any pain, so I've largely ignored it
> beyond a 'kill' once in a while. However if I can actually use it, that
> would be better still.
>
> The link is broken, though, it seems - does anyone know if/where the
> documentation currently resides?
>
> Ta
Ouch! Seems the old Faq-o-matic is off-line... Whether by design or
accident, I don't know (has happened before, then it was by accident).
It has, unfortunately, proved to be a bigger chore than expected to
move it all into the wiki... Mostly because one wants to ...
improve/rewrite/tidy up, as one goes along. And some things, I (and
obviously others too:-) simplky can't write about (since we lack the
specific knowledge... Simply don't use everything under the Sun;-).
Someone should perhaps prod Jules about the faq-o-matic...

Meanwhile, go look at
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:plugins:dcc:dccifd_install
which seem to contain everything you need:-). Seems someone (who has a
bit of free time:-) should go through the wiki and do some link sanity
checks:-D

Cheers
--
-- Glenn