"Use DCC as a daemon"

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 01:35:13 GMT 2006

On 12/8/06, Stef Morrell <stef at aoc-uk.com> wrote:
> Now for some reason dccifd keeps popping up as a process on my machine
> in any case. It's not causing me any pain, so I've largely ignored it
> beyond a 'kill' once in a while. However if I can actually use it, that
> would be better still.

Recent versions of DCC spawn dccifd if dccproc is invoked a certain
amount of times during a certain period of time, i.e. frequently.
That's why you see it even if you haven't configured it.

In theory it sounds good to run it daemonized but in practice I didn't
notice any big difference. You should be good though with your current
setup, just stop killing it. :-)

--
/peter