Emails getting tagged as Disarmed

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:49:47 GMT 2006

On 08/12/06, Jim Scott <jscott at infoconex.com> wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
> > Scott Silva spake the following on 12/7/2006 3:42 PM:
> >> Jim Scott spake the following on 12/7/2006 3:00 PM:

> >> You must have some magic combination of settings that triggers this then.
> >> Maybe you could get in contact with Julian off-list, as he has been real busy
> >> lately and not watching the list very closely.
> >>
> > You could change "Disarmed Subject Text = " oto something fairly easy to
> > ignore for now until you get this resolved like a single - or a dot.
> >

> Thanks for your input, tomorrow I am going to replace my current
> MailScanner.conf with the .rpmnew and then go back and make my changes I
> need to be sure that I dont have some issue with this being related to
> an upgrade maybe not properly parsing my .conf file. If it is still
> happening after that then I think this is likely a bug.

I'm sure you did already, but ... running "MailScanner --lint" should
reveal any typos ....:-).
Fat-fingering can happen to the best.... And that might justr explain
why something you see as correct... really isn't;-).
Oh, just one more ... You've never edited the config witha windoze
editor, have you? No extra ^M characters lurking on some line or
other....?

--
-- Glenn