Emails getting tagged as Disarmed

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Fri Dec 8 07:56:29 GMT 2006

Scott Silva wrote:
> Scott Silva spake the following on 12/7/2006 3:42 PM:
>> Jim Scott spake the following on 12/7/2006 3:00 PM:

>>> I installed and have always installed from RPM and all past installs and
>>> upgrades have used this method.
>>>
>>> We also have 2 SMTP servers for redundancy and it seems that both are
>>> producing the same results. So whatever is happening it is the same on 2
>>> servers that had the same process applied.
>>>
>>> I personally performed these upgrades and have always been the person
>>> performing them.
>>>
>>> Maybe it is only specific emails in certain conditions. I am not getting
>>> all email tagged as spam. Seems to be mostly
>>> html content that it is happening to.
>>>
>>> Also my upgrade process was as follows.
>>>
>>> Extracted tar
>>> ran ./install.sh
>>> performed upgrade_MailScanner
>>>

>> You must have some magic combination of settings that triggers this then.
>> Maybe you could get in contact with Julian off-list, as he has been real busy
>> lately and not watching the list very closely.
>>
> You could change "Disarmed Subject Text = " oto something fairly easy to
> ignore for now until you get this resolved like a single - or a dot.

Thanks for your input, tomorrow I am going to replace my current
MailScanner.conf with the .rpmnew and then go back and make my changes I
need to be sure that I dont have some issue with this being related to
an upgrade maybe not properly parsing my .conf file. If it is still
happening after that then I think this is likely a bug.

--
Jim Scott
Infoconex Online Services