Quarantine Dir on Web Server

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Dec 7 23:58:04 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Vaibhav Pandey wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I wanted to put the Quarantine directory on a browsable directory of the Apache.
>
> I have set the "Quarantine Directory" as /var/www/html/quarantine
>
> And when I go at http://MailScanner/quarantine I don't see nothing. On the other hand if I create a directory on my own mkdir /var/www/html/quarantine/test, I can see the directory but can't see 20061207 etc directories. I am pretty sure that they are there..

This will be Apache, by default if there is no index.* files it wont show
anything.

Add in:
<Directory /var/www/html/quarantine>
         Options +Indexes
</Directory>
then restart apache and it should be good, however doing it your way
creates privacy issues, I think some use MailWatch to do what you are
after, I don't use it so I'll leave it to someone else to clarify that area.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd