Allowing .pr3 files through

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 04:54:35 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a person who receives these various .pr3 files. These files are patches for the software they run. They receive them as zip files but the pr3's are contained in the zip.

Mailscanner quarantines these files with "No programs allowed" but I would like to allow them in for this particular domain.

I have their setup as:

/etc/MailScanner/example.com.filename.rules.conf
allow   \.pr3$          -       -

at the end of the file, but that does not seem to work.

My guess is that it's matching it from these two rules:

example.com.filetype.rules.conf:deny  ELF             No executables          No programs allowed
example.com.filetype.rules.conf:deny  executable      No executables          No programs allowed

since they're the only files I can grep through with the "No programs allowed" statements.

Any ideas what I can edit/do to allow these types of files through?

Thanks.

Michael.