Emails getting tagged as Disarmed

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Dec 7 23:42:16 GMT 2006

Jim Scott spake the following on 12/7/2006 3:00 PM:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> Maybe you should look at the possibility of 2 copies of a MailScanner
>> part
>> somewhere. Or if you did an rpm install, is there an rpmnew file where
>> something didn't get replaced? Have all the upgrades been done the
>> same way (
>> IE.. rpm or tarball)?
>> Did you personally do the upgrades or are you depending on some one
>> else's
>>  "I did it this way"?
>> I have the same settings on those two options, and it isn't tagging
>> for me.
>>

> I installed and have always installed from RPM and all past installs and
> upgrades have used this method.
>
> We also have 2 SMTP servers for redundancy and it seems that both are
> producing the same results. So whatever is happening it is the same on 2
> servers that had the same process applied.
>
> I personally performed these upgrades and have always been the person
> performing them.
>
> Maybe it is only specific emails in certain conditions. I am not getting
> all email tagged as spam. Seems to be mostly
> html content that it is happening to.
>
> Also my upgrade process was as follows.
>
> Extracted tar
> ran ./install.sh
> performed upgrade_MailScanner

You must have some magic combination of settings that triggers this then.
Maybe you could get in contact with Julian off-list, as he has been real busy
lately and not watching the list very closely.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and