Emails getting tagged as Disarmed

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Thu Dec 7 23:00:47 GMT 2006

Scott Silva wrote:

> Maybe you should look at the possibility of 2 copies of a MailScanner part
> somewhere. Or if you did an rpm install, is there an rpmnew file where
> something didn't get replaced? Have all the upgrades been done the same way (
> IE.. rpm or tarball)?
> Did you personally do the upgrades or are you depending on some one else's
>  "I did it this way"?
> I have the same settings on those two options, and it isn't tagging for me.

I installed and have always installed from RPM and all past installs and
upgrades have used this method.

We also have 2 SMTP servers for redundancy and it seems that both are
producing the same results. So whatever is happening it is the same on 2
servers that had the same process applied.

I personally performed these upgrades and have always been the person
performing them.

Maybe it is only specific emails in certain conditions. I am not getting
all email tagged as spam. Seems to be mostly
html content that it is happening to.

Also my upgrade process was as follows.

Extracted tar
ran ./install.sh