Emails getting tagged as Disarmed

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Dec 7 20:26:27 GMT 2006

Jim Scott spake the following on 12/7/2006 11:07 AM:
> Jim Scott wrote:
>>>>
>>> Did you run "upgrade_MailScanner_conf " to see any new options and
>>> add to the
>>> conf file?
>>> Run "MailScanner --changed" to see anything you have changed from the
>>> defaults.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Here is what it shows for disarmed when I ran the check. Notice I have
>> my settings set to NO for disarmedmodifysubject.
>>
>> contentmodifysubject               start          yes
>> disarmedmodifysubject              start          no
> Anyone have any input on my issue? We have been running these servers
> for a very long time and this only started after the recent upgrade. My
> settings seem to clearly show that I am not modifying the subject for
> messages that are disarmed yet I am getting emails tagged with Disarmed
> in the subject.

Maybe you should look at the possibility of 2 copies of a MailScanner part
somewhere. Or if you did an rpm install, is there an rpmnew file where
something didn't get replaced? Have all the upgrades been done the same way (
IE.. rpm or tarball)?
Did you personally do the upgrades or are you depending on some one else's
 "I did it this way"?
I have the same settings on those two options, and it isn't tagging for me.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and