OT - lost input channel after rcpt

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Dec 7 22:31:53 GMT 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Steve Campbell wrote:

> How many people use these messages to determine what IPs might go into their 
> sendmail access file? Know of any gotchas? It seems like a great place to

I wouldn't use this as a guide on who to add into access, you can get 
these from legitimate sites that have connection issues, even your own
local network issues.

Although I agree 95% are from scum buckets, the other 5% is an unacceptably
high figure, for me to use it, it would need to be less than 0.001% risk of
real mail loss, sounds real low doesn't it, but if you do a few million
messages a day, thats a few thousand msgs that might be real that you are 
outright denying, I'd rather them retry and get in later :)


"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd

More information about the MailScanner mailing list