OT - lost input channel after rcpt

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Dec 7 17:16:12 GMT 2006

I'd like to get some opinions on a question I have on the "lost input
channel" message I get in my sendmail logs.

For the most part, these seem like bad maillings, but I realize this could
be real mail that just happens to lose the connection. I run MIMEdeFang on
this machine, and expect it could also be from that also in a roundabout
way.

How many people use these messages to determine what IPs might go into their
sendmail access file? Know of any gotchas? It seems like a great place to
compile a list of IPs to verify before adding to my access file. What might
cause this message on my server that I should be aware of?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers