Problems with split recipients

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Wed Dec 6 16:22:11 GMT 2006

DAve wrote:
> Ken A wrote:
>>

>> DAve wrote:
>>> Using the following,
>>>
>>> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
>>>

>>> Everything seemed to go well, everyone is happy with the increased
>>> capture rates. But my outbound queue is growing now where previously
>>> I had no problems.
>>>
>>> I am seeing the following messages in my mail logs;
>>>
>>> Dec  5 12:56:54 avhost2 sendmail[59093]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
>>> QueuePath /var/spool/mqueue.in not subpath of QueueDirectory
>>> /var/spool/mqueue/
>>
>> You should have 2 instances of sendmail running (incoming and outgoing)
>> The incoming queue should be using /var/spool/mqueue.in and the
>> outgoing sendmail instance should be using /var/spool/mqueue/.
>>
>> You should make the changes for split recipients in the .mc or .cf for
>> the incoming sendmail ONLY. You'll need to create a separate .mc and
>> .cf for this instance of sendmail if you are splitting recipients, and
>> make changes to the MailScanner init script where needed, per the doc
>> you referred to.
>>
>> Note that in normal MailScanner installation, the incoming and
>> outgoing sendmail's use the same sendmail.cf.
>
> All that was done, we have always run a split queue on our MailScanner
> servers.

I may just be being dense(regular occurrance) but if you have had split
queues all along, there's no reason for this issue to pop up now that
you have enabled queue groups. Queue groups enabled to split recipients
don't add additional queue directories. In any case, I'm glad it's
flowing now!
Ken A.
Pacific.Net