Problems with split recipients

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Tue Dec 5 19:37:42 GMT 2006

Ken A wrote:

> DAve wrote:
>> Using the following,
>>
>> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
>>

>> Everything seemed to go well, everyone is happy with the increased
>> capture rates. But my outbound queue is growing now where previously I
>> had no problems.
>>
>> I am seeing the following messages in my mail logs;
>>
>> Dec  5 12:56:54 avhost2 sendmail[59093]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
>> QueuePath /var/spool/mqueue.in not subpath of QueueDirectory
>> /var/spool/mqueue/
>
> You should have 2 instances of sendmail running (incoming and outgoing)
> The incoming queue should be using /var/spool/mqueue.in and the outgoing
> sendmail instance should be using /var/spool/mqueue/.
>
> You should make the changes for split recipients in the .mc or .cf for
> the incoming sendmail ONLY. You'll need to create a separate .mc and .cf
> for this instance of sendmail if you are splitting recipients, and make
> changes to the MailScanner init script where needed, per the doc you
> referred to.
>
> Note that in normal MailScanner installation, the incoming and outgoing
> sendmail's use the same sendmail.cf.

All that was done, we have always run a split queue on our MailScanner
servers.

I have stopped the errors by making changes to my queues, as follows.

added a new queue dir of /var/spool/mailq
added incoming queue at /var/spool/mailq/mqueue.in
added outgoing queue at /var/spool/mailq/mqueue

adjusted my MailScanner.conf and start scripts accordingly.
added "define(`QUEUE_DIR','/var/spool/mailq')dnl to my incoming *.mc and
rebuilt my incoming *.cf file. Restarted Sendmail.

Now the SYSERR messages are gone, watching my out queue now to see if it
drops.

DAve

> Ken A.
> Pacific.Net
>

>> Am I missing something here? I followed the instructions in the Wiki
>> closely and followed the original thread from Steve on this subject.
>>
>> Looking at Sendmail docs it would seem I need to define my queues
>> differently. Has anyone else seen this issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DAve

Veterans?