Problems with split recipients

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Tue Dec 5 18:40:51 GMT 2006

DAve wrote:
> Using the following,
>
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
>

> Everything seemed to go well, everyone is happy with the increased
> capture rates. But my outbound queue is growing now where previously I
> had no problems.
>
> I am seeing the following messages in my mail logs;
>
> Dec  5 12:56:54 avhost2 sendmail[59093]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
> QueuePath /var/spool/mqueue.in not subpath of QueueDirectory
> /var/spool/mqueue/

You should have 2 instances of sendmail running (incoming and outgoing)
The incoming queue should be using /var/spool/mqueue.in and the outgoing
sendmail instance should be using /var/spool/mqueue/.

You should make the changes for split recipients in the .mc or .cf for
the incoming sendmail ONLY. You'll need to create a separate .mc and .cf
for this instance of sendmail if you are splitting recipients, and make
changes to the MailScanner init script where needed, per the doc you
referred to.

Note that in normal MailScanner installation, the incoming and outgoing
sendmail's use the same sendmail.cf.

Ken A.
Pacific.Net