Rules for filenames / file types

Pravin Rane pravin.rane at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:08:24 GMT 2006

In MailScanner.conf use following
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules

In %etc-dir%/filename.rules use following
FromOrTo: <tab>*@domain1.tld <tab>
%rules-dir%/domain1.tld.filename.rules.conf
FromOrTo: <tab>*@domain2.tld <tab>
%rules-dir%/domain2.tld.filename.rules.conf
FromOrTo: <tab> default <tab> %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf # Default
filename ruleset

In %rules-dir%/domain1.tld.filename.rules.conf  use following
# and other extensions you want to deny/allow

In %rules-dir%/domain2.tld.filename.rules.conf  use following

On 12/5/06, Ed Wallig <ewallig at aerocontractors.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply - I'm not using SA in my config (separate anti-spam
> system in place) so SARE and DCC are not options (I don't think).
>
> In the filename.rules.conf file, can the "FromOrTo" directives be used?
> This would solve the issue if I could simply put the domains that I want
> to allow gifs from in here. I don't have any problem w/ blocking .gifs
> from the majority of the world, just need a couple of domains to be able
> to send them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Ed

Regards