Viruses being blocked by filename rules, not being picked up by ClamAV

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Fri Dec 1 04:26:54 GMT 2006

Jon Bates wrote:

> I've changed something, and viruses are no longer being picked up by Clamav,
> but they are being picked up by the filename rules blocking executables
> instead. I checked the obvious settings (Virus Scanning, Virus Scanner
> Definitions etc)..
>
> I'm not sure what I've done to cause this. It's obviously having a negative
> affect on my reporting, as well as causing my server trying to send 'blocked
> filename' reports to the spoofed sender addresses of the virus emails - eek!
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What version of clamav do you have installed?  I'm not sure but there was some
reports about 0.90rc2 not working with MS, you can revert to 0.88.6 .

Check the obvious, does the MS log show that messages are being scanned for viruses?

If not, then check MS configuration file, see if clamavmodule is set in "Virus
Scanners".
--
René Berber