Viruses being blocked by filename rules, not being picked up by ClamAV

Jon Bates jon.bates at summitmotors.com.au
Fri Dec 1 04:01:10 GMT 2006

I've changed something, and viruses are no longer being picked up by Clamav,
but they are being picked up by the filename rules blocking executables
instead. I checked the obvious settings (Virus Scanning, Virus Scanner
Definitions etc)..

I'm not sure what I've done to cause this. It's obviously having a negative
affect on my reporting, as well as causing my server trying to send 'blocked
filename' reports to the spoofed sender addresses of the virus emails - eek!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon