tnef RPM failed dependencies

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Aug 29 18:34:58 IST 2006

Ron Hahn spake the following on 8/29/2006 8:28 AM:
> Colleagues,
>
> Bear with me if this is somewhere in the archives but I can't seem to
> find any reference to it.
>
> I'm trying to install (for the first time) mailscanner on a Cobalt RAQ 4
> that has been converted to RAQ 550 OS.
>
> I have perl 5.8.3 successfully installed.
>
> When I run the ./install.sh script, it falls over on the tnef section:
>
> -------------start
> Installing tnef decoder
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by tnef-1.4-1
>
> Now to install MailScanner itself.
>
> NOTE: If you get lots of errors here, run the install.sh script
> NOTE: again with the command "./install.sh nodeps"
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         tnef >= 1.1.1 is needed by mailscanner-4.55.10-3
> -------------end
>
> I searched for this shared library and found it in two places:
>
> [root MailScanner-4.55.10-3]# find / -name libc.so.6 -print
> /lib/libc.so.6
> /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib/libc.so.6
>
> As far as I can see both of these locations are in the library search
> path..
>
> [root MailScanner-4.55.10-3]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
> /usr/lib
> /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/sausalito/lib
> /usr/lib
> /home/chiliasp/lib
> /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib
> /lib
>
> So.... any suggestions as to why the installation of this RPM is falling
> over?  I note that I have tnef-1.4.3 installed in /usr/local/bin all ready.
>
> Thanks for the help,

If you really have a lot of trouble, you could try BlueQuartz on that server.
A more modern linux (CentOS) with the cloned webconfig. It could be easier
than trying to hack the Raq software. Just a thought.....

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and