tnef RPM failed dependencies

Ron Hahn mailscanner.list.account at kerry.com
Tue Aug 29 16:28:04 IST 2006

Colleagues,

Bear with me if this is somewhere in the archives but I can't seem to
find any reference to it.

I'm trying to install (for the first time) mailscanner on a Cobalt
RAQ 4 that has been converted to RAQ 550 OS.

I have perl 5.8.3 successfully installed.

When I run the ./install.sh script, it falls over on the tnef section:

-------------start
Installing tnef decoder

error: failed dependencies:
         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by tnef-1.4-1

Now to install MailScanner itself.

NOTE: If you get lots of errors here, run the install.sh script
NOTE: again with the command "./install.sh nodeps"

error: failed dependencies:
         tnef >= 1.1.1 is needed by mailscanner-4.55.10-3
-------------end

I searched for this shared library and found it in two places:

[root MailScanner-4.55.10-3]# find / -name libc.so.6 -print
/lib/libc.so.6
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib/libc.so.6

As far as I can see both of these locations are in the library search
path..

[root MailScanner-4.55.10-3]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/lib
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/sausalito/lib
/usr/lib
/home/chiliasp/lib
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib
/lib

So.... any suggestions as to why the installation of this RPM is
falling over?  I note that I have tnef-1.4.3 installed in /usr/local/
bin all ready.

Thanks for the help,

Ron