<SOLVED> HTML Scripts etc, now quarantined....help

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Sun Aug 27 23:58:28 IST 2006

On 25/08/2006, at 12:14 PM, James Gray wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is simply a case of looking at a problem for too long - I can
> no longer see a clue for the clue bats!  In preparation for a
> policy change (that takes effect this weekend) I've been
> abstracting a whole bunch of stuff out to rule files and such (see
> my previous message "Rule set - is this valid" earlier this week).
> Now I've noticed that all messages with HTML scripts, IFRAME tags
> or CODEBASE tags are being quarantined instead of disarmed and
> delivered.

The "Allow (IFrame|Script|Form|Webbugs)..." settings were set to "%
etc-dir%/rules/foo.rules" instead of "%rules-dir%/foo.rules".

So the question is, despite:
etc-dir = /etc/MailScanner
rules-dir = /etc/MailScanner/rules

Why did setting a few rule sets to %etc-dir%/rules/....  cause the
rule sets to not be loaded, then default to "no"??

MailScanner 4.50.15 (Perl 5.8.6 running on FreeBSD 4.6).  Why fBSD
4.6?!?!  Simple:
# uptime
6:56PM  up 657 days, 19:57, 7 users, load averages: 0.08, 0.08, 0.05

;)

Thought that I'd make a mention of this, just in case someone else
strikes it there will be a mention of it in the archives.

Cheers,

James