HTML Scripts etc, now quarantined....help

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 11:42:24 IST 2006

On 25/08/06, James Gray <james at grayonline.id.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is simply a case of looking at a problem for too long - I can no
> longer see a clue for the clue bats!  In preparation for a policy
> change (that takes effect this weekend) I've been abstracting a whole
> bunch of stuff out to rule files and such (see my previous message
> "Rule set - is this valid" earlier this week).  Now I've noticed that
> all messages with HTML scripts, IFRAME tags or CODEBASE tags are
> being quarantined instead of disarmed and delivered.
>
> I've read the MailScanner.conf file so many times now, I've managed
> to totally confuse myself :-S  It happens...usually on Fridays.

Oh yes, a very common phenomenon... Been ther, done that etc:-).

> So my question to the group: what magic mix of Silent Viruses/Deliver/
> Quarantine options do I need to achieve the above (disarm+deliver
> HTML script/iframe/codebase tags and webugs)??  I've disabled all the
> rule sets at this stage and using global options for all users/
> domains from the MailScanner.conf file and I still can't get it right!
>
> This isn't show stopper for the weekend's plans, but when the CTO
> didn't get his daily news digest in fancy HTML this morning, I heard
> all about it![1]  I'd rather be able to calm him down by delivering
> his mail on Monday :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> James
>
> [1] - Pulled it from quarantine and he was appeased, but still not
> "pleased".

Sounds like CTO == PHB then:-).

Have you looked at the Allow {Form | IFrame | Object Codebase} Tag
settings? You can read up on that (and a host of other nice settings;)
at http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#Allow%20Form%20Tags

Cheers
--
-- Glenn