Rule set - is this valid?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 08:22:12 IST 2006

James Gray wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if the following is valid in a rule set:
>
> /etc/MailScanner/rules/script.tag.rules:
> From:      allowed-script-senders.txt   and   To:
> allowed-script-recips.txt   yes
> FromOrTo:  default   disarm
The only you forgot is that you need to put the full path to the
allowed-script-senders.txt file. Also I have thought to try using 2
pattern-list files in the same rule, I'm not entirely sure what it will do.

Is there a way you just use 1 pattern-list file in the rule?

But otherwise you've got the syntax right, yes.

> Then the two allowed...txt files simply contain a list of e-mail
> addresses, domains, and matches (one per line) that should be read and
> inserted.  I vaguely remember this being discussed ages ago, but
> couldn't find any references or examples via google...it is early
> though, and I haven't had my morning cup of Joe.
>
> BTW, do rule files still need to be tab-separated?  Or is that only
> the filename/filetype rules?
Only filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf files need to be
tab-separated.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.