Rule set - is this valid?

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Wed Aug 23 09:36:23 IST 2006

On 23/08/2006, at 5:22 PM, Julian Field wrote:
> James Gray wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was wondering if the following is valid in a rule set:
>>
>> /etc/MailScanner/rules/script.tag.rules:
>> From:      allowed-script-senders.txt   and   To:  allowed-script-
>> recips.txt   yes
>> FromOrTo:  default   disarm
> The only you forgot is that you need to put the full path to the
> allowed-script-senders.txt file. Also I have thought to try using 2
> pattern-list files in the same rule, I'm not entirely sure what it
> will do.
>
> Is there a way you just use 1 pattern-list file in the rule?

Indeed.  The From list is in reality only one domain, so that's
easy.  The recipients though is a file generated by a VB script on
our Exchange server that spits out all the e-mail addresses for the
IT Operations staff.  I have only a vague clue as to how the VB
script works as someone else wrote it - I only need to see if it's
output file changed and then pump it over to the MailScanner boxes
and SIGHUP the MS kiddies.

The example above was more a "is it valid to abstract out *either*
the From or To" question, not necessarily *BOTH*.  Although, now that
you have my curiosity, I might just see what happens when I do both :P

Thanks Julian,

James