OT - Multiple Virus Scanners

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:45:18 IST 2006

On 15/08/06, Drew Marshall <drew at themarshalls.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, August 15, 2006 13:39, Glenn Steen wrote:
> > If you run linux (or freebsd) there are at least BitDefender Command
> > line. Sure, it's not as light as ClamAV, but not that bad either (all
> > depends, of course:). And the price is right (free).
>
> I am not sure it is any more. On my to-do list (A fair way down :-( ) is
> to e-mail and formally ask them but looking at their curent site, I would
> suggest the BitDefender licence would appear to have changed...
>
> http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-80-en--BitDefender-Antivirus-Scanner-for-Unices.html
> (Check the bottom paragraph)
>
> Drew

How very annoying. IIRC I checked before sometime around April - May,
and could still find/download the free version. Oh well, guess I'll
have to keep my copy close then:-).
Note that the "(previously) free version" is not the same as the one
you cite above, so what they seem to have done is to have removed the
"pure commandline version" (where freebsd was a beta level release)
and added this "new" package with full support for freebsd (that is,
provided I do remember correctly... they seem to have removed
everything from their ftp server too. Sigh).

Hm. Means I'll have to do something about that wiki-page, now doesn't it?-)

--
-- Glenn