releasing mail from quarantine -- postfix

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 00:14:14 IST 2006

On 11/08/06, James D. Parra <Jamesp at musicreports.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Followed the instructions from the link <below>, but the message is a
> 'human-readable' file and not a 'raw mail queue file'. Can it still be sent
> to the user? There are embedded e-mails within it.

No, you didn't follow it... not the right part at least... A bit
further down there are perfectly good instructions for your case... (I
know, since I wrote them:-). Here's a link (mind the wrapping)
----
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:release_quarantined_mail#releasing_mail_from_the_quarantine_-_message_files
----

> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:pos
> tfix:how_to:release_quarantined_mail
>
> Here is the dir' the file is stored in;
>
> master:/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20060810 # ls -lR
> 9D213185489.BA6DD/
> 9D213185489.BA6DD/:
> total 892
> drwx------  2 postfix postfix   4096 Aug 10 06:28 .
> drwx------  5 postfix postfix   4096 Aug 10 11:51 ..
> -rwx------  1 postfix postfix 897418 Aug 10 06:28 message
>
> Postcat can view the file named 'message'.  I ran 'chmod 700 message', then
> ran 'cp -p message /var/spool/postfic/incoming/9' which just sat there.
> After wards, I ran 'cp -p message /var/spool/postfic/incoming/9D213185489',
> which appeared to have went, but never made it to the user.  What can I do
> to get this message to the user?
Postcat just *looks* like it doing its job, but it really isn't...
Postfix as such isn't fooled though, and has probably put that message
file into its corrupted folder (correctly so, one might add:).
Use the sendmail (convenience command) method as outlined in the wiki,
and you'll be fine.
--
-- Glenn