Triggering Outlook's Junk E-mail filter

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Mon Aug 7 13:45:03 IST 2006

On Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:03 PM Chris Green wrote:

> I would expect that if they had gone in and changed this from the
> default they were either a) advanced users with alternative
> solutions; b) clever enough to realise it could result in more spam;
> or c) previously employed by Sainsbury's as the trolley-boy and found
> it a bit too mentally challenging.

d) chose to rely on MailScanner/SpamAssassin and therefore turned the Outlook detection off which btw. is what we do at our customer sites using group policy. Therefore your setup is not going to work all that well.

There are applications (event sinks) that are able to centrally move messages to folders based on header values. One is even free (search for Mailshell Exchange Plugin)

Kind regards.