Triggering Outlook's Junk E-mail filter

Edward Prendergast edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 14:23:19 IST 2006

On Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:03 PM Chris Green wrote:

> I would expect that if they had gone in and changed this from the
> default they were either a) advanced users with alternative
> solutions; b) clever enough to realise it could result in more spam;
> or c) previously employed by Sainsbury's as the trolley-boy and found
> it a bit too mentally challenging.

d) chose to rely on MailScanner/SpamAssassin and therefore turned the
Outlook detection off which btw. is what we do at our customer sites using
group policy. Therefore your setup is not going to work all that well.

	I think Chris' original point is still valid. A number of our users
(primarily hosting customers have barely enough technical know-how to
operating e-mails. Setting up individual rules in their e-mail 	client will
likely prove beyond their grasp. Therefore some way of 	automating the
delivery of messages that are potentially spam but 	only low-scoring to
the end-user's Spam mailbox would be a useful 	feature indeed.

Regards,
Edward

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your
computer.