News from the cesspoll

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 16:10:36 IST 2006

On 28/04/06, Rick Chadderdon <mailscanner at yeticomputers.com> wrote:
> I agree.  Also, my experience has been that people who use spam filters
> actually have the ability to tell when spam sneaks through.  And they
> don't want it.  (Obvious, I know, but I have a few users who actually
> want all of their spam.)  Even if this 'more effective' spam actually
> got people to click a link, nobody who did so would buy anything unless
> they were already the kind of person who responds to 'normal' spam.
> Wasted effort, and no more effective at defeating the final filter - the
> human mind - than any other kind of spam.
>
> Rick
>
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>
> >URI-RBL's would catch this fairly quickly, as they do already...nothing to
> >see here, move along..

Precisely. Kind of like when it's "funding time" for government
agencies here in Sweden... "Lets see what _old news_ we can rehash to
scare the public/politicians enough to raise our cut of the budget a
bit"... Livsmedelsverket has been known to pull that stunt on several
occasions ("cancerogenes in plain prepared food!" comes to mind... A
really thinly veiled non-news article of theirs).
Just ignore it and move on, precisely as Martin says.

--
-- Glenn