Changin MX machine to it's own, recommendations please...

Rob Morin rob at thehostmasters.com
Tue Apr 25 18:45:02 IST 2006

ok so this is where i am at, so far...

installed postfix via apt-get V 2.1.5-9
install SA & Clamav via apt-get V3.0.3 & 0.84 respectively...

installed MS via install.sh

postfix complained about owners of queue dirs so i turned of chroot ??

modified postfix main.cf as instructed in docs to make it work with MS

added a test domain to postfixe's transport and relay_domains, not sure
if this is correct as i need an email to come in get scanned and spit it
out to the pop machine for the users.... But it seems to work....

started MS with /opt/Mailscanner/bin/check_mailscanner

Sent a test email and when i received it a final destination all seemed
ok, i saw the headers in the email saying it was scanned by that new
machine....

I could not figure out how to stop MS as no init.d script is used
because i installed form source, so to speak... so i made a simply
script to kill the MS PID and then restart via check_mailscanner

is there anything else i am missing other than configuring rules du jour
now to get my stuff for SA?

Any comments greatly appreciated....

Thanks to all and have a great day(or evening depending on where you are)

:)

Rob Morin
Dido InterNet Inc.
Montreal, Canada