Changin MX machine to it's own, recommendations please...

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 27 20:29:09 IST 2006

Rob Morin spake the following on 4/25/2006 10:45 AM:
> ok so this is where i am at, so far...
>
> installed postfix via apt-get V 2.1.5-9
> install SA & Clamav via apt-get V3.0.3 & 0.84 respectively...
>
> installed MS via install.sh
>
> postfix complained about owners of queue dirs so i turned of chroot ??
>
> modified postfix main.cf as instructed in docs to make it work with MS
>
> added a test domain to postfixe's transport and relay_domains, not sure
> if this is correct as i need an email to come in get scanned and spit it
> out to the pop machine for the users.... But it seems to work....
>
> started MS with /opt/Mailscanner/bin/check_mailscanner
>
> Sent a test email and when i received it a final destination all seemed
> ok, i saw the headers in the email saying it was scanned by that new
> machine....
>

> I could not figure out how to stop MS as no init.d script is used
> because i installed form source, so to speak... so i made a simply
> script to kill the MS PID and then restart via check_mailscanner
>

> is there anything else i am missing other than configuring rules du jour
> now to get my stuff for SA?
>
> Any comments greatly appreciated....
>
> Thanks to all and have a great day(or evening depending on where you are)
>
> :)

You wanted to install MailScanner from source to be current sooner, but you
installed old versions of ClamAV and Spamassassin by apt-get. I would think
you would want all of it current, especially since spamassassin is now at
3.1.1 and clamav is at 0.86.1. Maybe you should use the install-clam-SA
tarball also. Just my 2 cents ;-)

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and