Reject non-existant users with exchange and exim

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Fri Apr 21 17:34:14 IST 2006

On Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:56 PM chardlist wrote:

> In the wiki documentation I see methods how to set up exim routers to
> scan mail and then pass it along to another server (exchange in this
> case), but I don't see a way to configure the exchange server and the

What version of Exchange? Exchange 2003 is finally able to reject non-valid
recipients on RCPT TO. If you use Exchange 2003 all you need to do is enable
that option and to a recipient callout in Exim.

Otherwise you will need LDAP for Exchange 2000 or Database Export etc. for
Exchange 5.5 together with a few tweaks in Exim.

Regards,
  JP