Reject non-existant users with exchange and exim

Kosta Lekas KLekas at foxriver.com
Fri Apr 21 14:29:51 IST 2006

There is a better way to pull a list of valid users from Exchange. There
is a Perl script out there that pulls all the smtp addresses form AD
using Net::LDAP. This is what I use to generate a relay_recipient list
on Postfix. I'm sure it can be tailored to generate an exim equivalent
file/ACL. The script queries an AD container and pulls all smtp
addresses. I keep my private distribution groups in a separate OU that
gets excluded from the LDAP search, this way I don't have to relay
private distribution groups that should only be originating internally.
The method Rob has referenced will also work but I find this one to be
more elegant.

Here is a link to directions on doing this with postfix:
http://www2.origogeneris.com:4000/relay_recipients.html

Here is a link to the script:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/getadsmtp.pl

Kosta Lekas