Panda Anti-Virus for MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:18:52 IST 2006

On 13/04/06, Jason Williams <jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com> wrote:

> Just curious. We just upgraded our Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware solution from
> Symantec (finally...symantec is terrible) to Panda. When I was searching
> their site for information this morning, I came across a link to a free
> version of their Panda for Linux:
>
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/linux.htm?sitepanda=empresas
>
> I was curious, so I quickly scanned the virus.scanners.conf file for
> Mailscanner and low and behold, there is Panda.
>
> Just curious if anyone has used Panda on Mailscanner and whether they liked
> it or not.
>
> Right now, I use ClamAV and Bitdefender, but wouldn't mind adding another
> scanner.
>
> I'm currently running FreeBSD 6.0 for my OS. Not sure if it would work or
> not, but figured I could give it a try.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jason

I'm afraid the news isn't exactly 100% positive:-). You can read up on
the current situation here:
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_virus:panda:install
Thanks to Rick, it's useable now, but it's still has it's basic problems:-).
In combination with clam and bdc, ity should be OK though, especially
since you already pay for it (the updates aren't free, ergo the
software isn't free (of charge)).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn