Email rejected, what reason to give client??

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 5 17:31:26 IST 2006

Rob Morin wrote on Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:29:39 -0400:

> mail.log.0:Apr  4 09:43:32 stewy MailScanner[4249]: Message
> 1BB94C2C6.78A0C from 211.45.20.46 (hanzulux at unitel.co.kr) to
> thedomainname.com is spam, SpamAssassin (score=7.208, required 4,
> BAYES_80 2.00, DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE 0.20, DNS_FROM_RFC_POST 1.71,
> FROM_BLANK_NAME 1.53, HTML_FONT_FACE_BAD 0.16, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00,
> NO_REAL_NAME 0.96, SARE_FROM_NONAME 0.65)
>
> So ok, there the info, so do i look up each rule to see what it means?
> Is ther ean table or an easy way to let a client know why??

First, your score is too low. It's mute to complain about non-spam getting
caught by deliberately lowered score. Set it back to 5. Yes, I see that it
scored above 5. Nevertheless, sorry, and please don't take it as an
offense; lowering score from default is very stupid, especially if mail
from clients goes over it. If you have a problem with too much spam
getting thru then get better rulesets from SARE. On the problem about
description etc. Use Mailwatch, that shows descriptions for all rules and
much more and your clients have plenty to play around and will be happy.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany