Bad Content Checks

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Apr 4 18:31:25 IST 2006

Martin Hepworth wrote on Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:26:31 +0100:

> Depends where the whitelist is...if it's "Definitely Not Spam" I'm not sure
> it calls SA at all.

That's what it is. I just remember from two years or so ago, that Julian then
told me it scans nevertheless and then discards. Maybe that was only with
"detailed report", don't know. But, anyway, I don't get this "detailed report"
for whitelisted mail.

if the whitelist is an SA whitelist then it will of
> course call SA.

Not whitelists in SA at all, other than the packaged ones. I think there's
really no use for them if you use MailScanner.

> And if it’s the big "Scan Messages" switch then I guess its just pops around
> all the tests.

I hope so, yes. But this is only set for a very few hosts. I'm talking about
the "green" W/L stuff in regard to the detailed report here.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany