MailScanner on Mac OSX?

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Sun Apr 2 22:40:16 IST 2006

Hi All,

I'm hoping I'm not about to "break new ground" :)  Has anyone got any reports
on using MailScanner on Mac OSX (Intel)?  I'm simplifying my network at home
with a Mac Mini (Core Duo thing) replacing 3 old tired PC's.

So far I've figured out that OSX is using Perl 5.8.6 and Postfix of some
flavour.  Does anyone have any pre-installation validation tools or advice on
what to expect?  I know OSX is BSD under the hood, but the directory
structure is seriously weird for someone coming from a "pure" Linux/BSD/Unix
background.

BTW - where the hell does OSX keep it's cron jobs and services?  I've got
Apache+MySQL running on it but they both came with neato *.dmg
packages....I'm a real OSX n00b I'm afraid :P  Unlike most n00b's though I'm
happy to work with Julian to get the bugs sorted and possibly create a OSX
"port" complete with dmg package etc....now THAT interests me!

Thanks in advance.

James
--
I've got a bad feeling about this.