segmentation fault starting MailScanner

Damian Mendoza damian at workgroupsolutions.com
Sat Apr 1 07:19:25 IST 2006

Any ideas what could be causing the following problem when starting
MailScanner version 4.50.15, Sendmail 8.13.6, Spamassassin 3.1.0 and
Perl 5.8.1 - I've been fighting this problems for months now when
starting MailScanner though it does not happen every time I manually
start MailScanner.

Starting MailScanner daemons:

         incoming sendmail: /etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 390: 11791
Segmentation fault      $SENDMAIL -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn
-ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=$INQDIR -OPidFile=$INPID

When the problem occurs, MailScanner does not start.

I can make the problem happen by starting and stopping MailScanner about
four times in a row.

Thanks,

Damian