problem in Mailscanner-mrtg Graphs

Kevin Spicer kevins at bmrb.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 18:31:07 IST 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 09:43 +0500, Muhammad Nauman wrote:
> ERROR IN /var/log/maillog :
>
> Mailserver MailScanner-MRTG[3544]: Unable to find a mountpoint for
> /var/www/html/mailscanner-mrtg/incoming/.  Please set MailScanner Work
> Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint.  You can see a
> list of mointpoints on your system by using the df command

This has been discussed many times on the MSMRTG forums on the
sourceforge site.  Given your partitioning you should set 'MailScanner
Work Directory' in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to /var (and certainly not what
you appear to have set it to which doesn't look like anything that would
normally be used for MailScanner's work directory).

If this is a production machine you might want to reconsider you
partitioning scheme, having logs, spool and work directory on the same
partition will not give you the best performance (not to mention the
risk to your mail flow if your logs fill up the disk).

Kevin

BMRB wins two BMRA awards - http://www.bmrb.co.uk
reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB Limited accepts no liability
in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which
does not directly relate to our business.